A quick review of topics found in Keys to College Studying . Topics include
- Evaluate Your Present Note-Taking System
- Five Important Reasons to Take Notes
- Guidelines for Taking Notes
- Tips for Finding Major Points in Lecture
- Forms of Note Taking
- Ways to Reduce and Streamline Notes (Abbreviations)
This website includes a look at the note-taking procedure before, during, and after the lecture. Also included is an example of Cornell notes.
This website includes a good review of topics in Keys to College Studying as well as some expanded ideas, including the TLQR Technique for listening to lectures actively. Also reviews the physical factors that can improve your note-taking from lectures.
This website is a nice resource for thinking about note taking from lectures and from various types of written materials. It also includes an example of "spray" and "concept maps," which are much like a mind map or think link.
This website includes five methods of taking notes:
Explanations of each method includes
- The Cornell Method
- The Outline Method
- The Mapping Method
- The Charting Method
- The Sentence Method
- A brief description of the technique
- When to Use
- Visual Examples