After reading this chapter, you will be able to:
- Understand the scope of e-commerce crime and security problems.
- Describe the key dimensions of e-commerce security.
- Understand the tension between security and other values.
- Identify the key security threats in the e-commerce environment.
- Describe how various forms of encryption technology help protect the security of messages sent over the Internet.
- Identify the tools used to establish secure Internet communications channels.
- Identify the tools used to protect networks, servers, and clients.
- Appreciate the importance of policies, procedures, and laws in creating security.