After reading this chapter, you will be able to:
- Define e-commerce and describe how it differs from e-business.
- Identify and describe the unique features of e-commerce technology and discuss their business significance.
- Describe the major types of e-commerce.
- Discuss the origins and growth of e-commerce
- Understand the vision and forces operating during the first five years of e-commerce, and assess its successes, surprises and failures.
- Identify several factors that will define the next five years of e-commerce.
- Describe the major themes underlying the study of e-commerce.
- Identify the major academic disciplines contributing to e-commerce research.