After reading this chapter and completing the exercises, you will be able to do the
- Distinguish between a vector quantity and a scalar quantity.
- Calculate an object’s displacement.
- Convert vectors between polar and Cartesian coordinates.
- Add and subtract vectors graphically and numerically.
- Multiply a vector by a scalar value.
- Normalize a vector.
- Calculate the dot product of two vectors.
- Calculate the cross product of two vectors.
- Calculate the angle between two vectors.
- Calculate the surface normal.