After reading this chapter and completing the exercises,
you will be able to do the following:
- Take a game idea and add the necessary material to make it into a design
- Define the player’s role or roles in the game.
- Know the different genres of games and think about which one your game
may belong to.
- Know how to choose a target audience for your game and understand some
of the special considerations associated with designing for specialized
markets such as children, the disabled, and foreign consumers.
- Plan the progress of your game.
- Understand the differences among the various kinds of game machines
and how those differences affect the way people play on them.