After reading this chapter, you should be able to answer the following questions:
- What is a network, and what are the advantages/disadvantages of setting up one?
- What is the difference between a client/server network and a peer-to-peer network?
- What are the main components of every network? (pp. 312–315)
- Which type of network is most commonly found in the home? (p. 315)
- What equipment and software do I need to build a network in my home? (pp. 319–322)
- Besides computers, what other devices would I connect to a home network?
- Why are wireless networks more vulnerable than wired networks, and what special
precautions are required to ensure my wireless network is secure? (p. 327)
- How do I configure the software on my computer and set up other devices to get my
network up and running? (pp. 329–334)
- What problems might I encounter when setting up a wireless network? (pp. 334–335)