After studying Chapter 12, you should be able to:
- Define strategic thinking and strategy, and explain how they apply to strategic public relations management.
- Describe the application of management by objectives (MBO) to public relations planning and management.
- Outline the major steps in the planning and programming process.
- List and describe the major approaches to defining publics.
- Discuss the characteristics of useful program objectives and write examples.
- Describe and give examples of the three major categories of disasters and crises that practitioners must anticipate and plan for.